Thursday 8 December 2011

Booking Through Thursday


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about books and reading. This is the first time I am participating in this. This week’s question is

All things being equal, which would you prefer–a mystery? Or a love story?

I would always prefer a Mystery. I decided to devote my life to reading Mysteries. I read nothing except mysteries. If the book is not a mystery I wouldn't even dream of picking it up. Okay. Okay. I read classics too. Sometimes science fiction, bestsellers, booker prize stuff but hardly ever venture into love stories. I would even go one step further and say I hate love stories. By love stories I don't mean books by Jane Austen or books like Love in Time of Cholera(I haven't read it, but plan to read it soon). Give me a mystery any day, any time. A nice love story in a mystery is appealing but love story in itself without any mystery has no appeal to me.

2 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

Oh, yeah. Mystery every time.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Yes, the romance has to be mixed in with mystery, issues, or something else for me to enjoy it.

Thanks for visiting my blog.