Friday 15 June 2012

Friday Memes

This week I am posting from Venetia by Georgette Heyer

Friday Book Beginnings is a weekly meme where we share the opening line of our current read. Book Beginnings is hosted by the Rose City Reader.

"A fox got in amongst the hens last night, and ravished our best layer," remarked Miss Lanyon.

Friday 56 hosted @ Freda's Voice is a weekly Meme where we share an interesting snippet from page 56 of our current book.


"Perhaps you have friends already who laugh when you do," she said diffidently. "I haven't, and it's important, I think- more important than sympathy in affliction, which you might easily find in someone you positively disliked."

8 comments:

fredamans said...

I disagree. I prefer empathy to someone who cannot be serious ever.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Intriguing....thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

I've been meaning to read something by Heyer.

Sidne said...

things that make you say, HMMMM.
http://sidnereading.blogsot.com

Lauren said...

Thanks for sharing! I have a book by her but I haven't read it yet. I definitely need to.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Brona said...

One of my good friends loves a good Georgette Heyer - they are her comfort read. Your quotes highlight why.
Brona's Books

Chris Thompson said...

I'm not too sure what is meant by layer in the opening line. I like the cover. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

JC Jones said...

I like her books and have read several but not this one. Here is my post: Book Beginnings

guiltlessreader said...

interesting! i'd much prefer someone to laugh with but then sympathy during difficult times is hard to come by

http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2012/06/friday-56-book-beginnings-car-thief.html