Thursday 28 November 2013

Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found there by Lewis Carroll


Last year, I read Alice in Wonderland and wondered why I never did read this delightful book before. I saw various versions of Alice in wonderland on the screen over the years, so I know all the characters and the plot. But it was fun to read the book, especially the word play and humour, couldn't help reading it with a smile throughout. This year I ventured into the second book, Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There. I should say I enjoyed it more than the Alice in Wonderland, the whole logic of the looking glass world is fascinating so is Jabberwocky and all the characters. Though I don't usually reread books, I could see myself reading this book again and again and smiling at something I may have missed the first time. Imagine that you are a figment of somebody's imagination! 

Published in 1871, this book is available as a free ebook from various websites including Project Gutenberg.

No comments: