Sunday 7 May 2023

Girls in love by Jacqueline Wilson

This is #1 of 54 in my BBC Big Read reading list. Reason I chose to read this is obvious. Should be an easy read that I can finish in one sitting. I did finish it in one sitting. I haven’t read any Jacqueline Wilson before. But I have seen the Dumping Ground and Tracy Beaker. Liked them both.

This is the story of 3 girls in year nine. Nadine and Magda both have boyfriends. Ellie is desperate for one too. She creates a fictional boyfriend based on a boy she met in her holidays and another she sees on the way to school. 

Things turn nasty for a bit for one of the girls before they turn normal again. Its about growing up and making good choices. Reminded me bit of Anne of Green Gables, especially Dan bit. Nice breezy read, with a hidden warning. 

No comments: