Wednesday 7 June 2023

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

 #99 in BBC Big Read

Yep. It was 99 on the list. No, I havent read 99 books in the list already. 

Another quick read. I have seen the movie. I would say I like the book better. Mia is just another girl who could be right out of Jacquline Wilson's book. She is 14 and her main worries in life are Algebra and her maths teacher is dating her mom and the guy she has crush on doesnt even know she exists. Could life get worse? At least Mia believes it has turned terrible. Why? She learnt that she is a princess. How does she take this. What happens next? Does she have a chance with the boy of her dreams. 

Did the movie release around the BBC Big read voting? Did a whole lot of young girls get besotted by it and went on to read the book and became one of Britains most loved books. 

Maybe I am reading from the wrong list. As of now, going to stick with it. Lets see where it takes me.

I got no one to blame. 

No comments: