Wednesday 20 September 2023

Cold comfort farm by Stella Gibbons

# 22.33 of 54 BBC Big Read

Well, some books are not for me. Within a few pages I knew it. But still managed to read it. Not sure why this was written and who found it funny. But I didn’t. Should give myself a pat to have plodded through it and not have abandoned it. Is it just dated? Maybe if I read this a 100 years before, would I have loved it? Or maybe tolerated it. Maybe not getting the parody thing as I haven't ready any of the stuff that this was supposed to be parodying it. But then I learnt it was a parody after I explored world wide web why this book was in the list. I saw this one compared to ‘Three Men in a boat’. Haven’t still have a clue why people liked Three Men in a boat or why I couldn’t make sense of it either. Looks like this parody business is not to my taste. Anyday give me Ruth Rendell, P G Wodehouse or Harlan Coben then this!

No comments: