Tuesday 26 September 2023

The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher

 #24.66 of 54 BBC Big Read

The Shell Seekers is the story of a mother and her 3  grown children. Nancy is a snob, married with kids living beyond her means. Olivia is an independent single working woman and Noel, less said about him the better. Penelope is the mother of these children. She is also the daughter of a famous artist who is in vogue again and his art is worth thousands. We get the story of each of the characters. Olivia is Penelope’s favourite and she is painted in a warm colour by the author. 

In a romantic book, there are certain things you would expect. I was expecting certain things about certain characters. But it didn’t happen like that. Am I happy that things didn’t turn out as expected or was I disappointed? Not sure why I look for twists in the end in almost every tale. There were no twists.Nothing I was expecting. 

No comments: