Tuesday 3 January 2012

Mixing It Up Challenge 2012


I am going for the Measuring Jug level reading books from 1 to 4 categories of the Mixing It Up Challenge 2012. Update: Completed the Measuring Jug level. Now aiming for the next level. Reviews coming soon.

Update: Completed Mixing Bowl level. (20/10/12). I don't think I would be going for the next level. Let's see! So Challenge Complete! I read books from 12 categories. Biography was the most difficult for me. I believe there is more truth in fiction than in biography. Simon Cowell's biography is interesting,  it mostly comprises of all the news and opinions on Simon Cowell compiled together. I never read a Manga before and I found that I really enjoyed Manga Shakespeare -Romeo and Juliet with beautiful illustrations and original Shakespeare text was a treat. I am going to read more Manga.


1. CLASSICS


2. BIOGRAPHY
Simon Cowell : The Unauthorised Biography by Chas Newkey-Burden


3. MODERN FICTION

4. GRAPHIC NOVELS AND MANGA

5.  CRIME AND MYSTERY


6. HORROR

7. ROMANCE
Venetia by Georgette Heyer


8. SCIENCE FICTION AND FANTASY
Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut


9. POETRY AND DRAMA
An Ideal Husband by Wilde 
What am I Doing here and more Poems by Liz Cowley

10. SCIENCE AND NATURAL HISTORY
Number Sense by Denishane

11. CHILDREN'S AND YOUNG ADULT
The Witches by Roa ld Dahl

12. SOCIAL SCIENCES AND PHILOSOPHY
Women's Room by Marliyn French

2 comments:

Ellie said...

Hello, and welcome to Mixing It Up! I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on this year - good luck, and happy reading for 2012!

Ellie said...

One down already, congrats! I've spent most of January listening to music instead of reading, but I reckon I've got plenty of time to claw it back yet! :)