Bev @ My Reader's Block tagged me a long time back. Never got around doing it. So here I am playing along, at last.
All games have rules, so here are the rules for this game of tag:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
On with the fun...
Eleven (Fun) Facts About Me:
1. I played Gabriel at School Christmas Play. I was the only one with talking part. And it wasn't funny.
2. I won first prize in Literary Fancy dress competition. I didn't expect to win, as I was competing against Lady Macbeth, Three Witches, Hamlet and other literary characters with period costumes. Just some patches on my shirts and ill fitting trousers with mud smeared here and there with an overall untidy look and a spirit of adventure. I played Huck Finn.
3. I can speak four languages fluently.
4. I wrote lyrics for a music Album my friend was making. I don't remember the lyrics or what happened to the album.
5. I don't have a favourite colour. I love all colours.
6. I always sing, even though I can't sing in tune.
7. I taught myself to do crochet recently. I was never good at crafts in school. My sisters and mother did all my craft projects.
8. I love puzzles- Cryptic Crosswords, Sudoku, Codebreakers, any number, logical or word puzzles. As an extension, I love whodunits. Yes, Maths was my favourite subject in school.
9. I love playing games. That is computer games. Age of Empires, Zoo tycoon, Plant Tycoon, Sims 2 are few of my favourite games. Yes, very old games, but I still love them though haven't played them in ages.
10. I had so many blogs, that I couldn't remember the blog url. So finally decided to use my name as blog url. Hopefully, I will not forget it.
11. I am the quintessential (oh! I love the word) gadget lover.
Bev's Questions for the me:
1. Favorite childhood book-related memory?
I love my School library that gave me access to wonderful classics. We were allowed to borrow one book a week and not every week. We can't sit in the library and read, only borrow books during the prescribed hour. I read most of my favourite books borrowed from this library. Between the ages of 10 (under ten's were not allowed to borrow books) and 13 (I changed school then) I read most of these classics- The Mil on the Floss, Pride and Prejudice, Crime and Punishment, Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Black Arrow, Great Expectations are just a few I can remember the title. Now sometimes while reading a book I realise that I had read that book before. I know when I read it and where I borrowed it from- my school library. I could go on and on about my school library.
2. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
To the Arctic to see the Northern Lights
3. Best present you ever received?
Swiss Knife with my name engraved and Ipod touch. Tom Sawyer spoiled me for knives. I am always fond of showing my various collection of knives. But Swiss Knife bought in Switzerland with my name engraved is the best. I use my Ipod to read, browse, blog, take photos, check email, play games, watch videos, and yes listen to songs.
4. A song that you could sing the lyrics to right NOW.
Twinkle Twinkle little star- which I sing as a lullaby for my little boy.
5. Who was your first friend? Are you still friends?
I remember my first friend in Kindergarten, no I am not in touch with her. But I am still in touch with my nursery school friend.
6. Do you collect anything? If so, what and what got you started?
I download all the free Ebooks available in Gutenberg, Amazon, Manybooks, Feedbooks for the day when I would have nothing to read.
7. What is the title of the book that is closest to you right now?
Alanna Knight's Quest for a killer. I am not reading this at the moment, just closest to me.
8. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
9. Do you live in the city, the suburbs or the country?
10. Have you ever met somebody famous? Who?
No, I would like to meet Ruth Rendell. But what I would do after meeting her, I would be tongue-tied to speak anything.
11. What would a perfect day be like for you?
Wake up late, go for a long walk, read until day breaks and sleep in the small hours of the day and wake up late again.
The rules say I have to tag 11 people. I am not going to do that, if you are reading this, and want to play along you are tagged. Leave your link to the answers, I will stop by and check your answers.
My Questions for you
1. Which is the fictional character that you most identify with?
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
3. Do you admire the writing style of any particular author? If so whom?
4. Which is your favourite colour?
5. What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
6. Which is your favourite food that you can cook?
7. If you could time travel, which age or era would you prefer to live or maybe go have a peek?
8. Who is your favourite author and why?
9. Do you collect anything?
10. Your favourite vacation place?
11. Who is your favourite actor?