Saturday 21 July 2012

Friday Memes on Saturday

This week I am posting from The Saint Zita Society by Ruth Rendell

Friday Book Beginnings is a weekly meme where we share the opening line of our current read. Book Beginnings is hosted by the Rose City Reader.

Someone had told Dex that the Queen lived in Victoria. So did he, but she had a palace and he had one room in a street off Warwick Way.

Friday 56 hosted @ Freda's Voice is a weekly Meme where we share an interesting snippet from page 56 of our current book.

Montserrat asked her if she knew where the Yellow Pages were.

'No one uses phone directories any more,' said Lucy. 'This is the age of the cellphone or hadn't you noticed?'

4 comments:

Chris Thompson said...

At least he can say he lives in the same city as the queen. I like the contrast though between the wealthy and the middle class(?) in the same city.

Here's my Book Beginning.

test said...

Thanks for coming over! Funny how technology changes everything. The Yellow Pages has always been a fixture in my home :) (good for many many things -esp kids who can't reach the table sitting on adult chairs)

Btw, the giveaway of A Lovely Indecent Departure is now up! http://www.guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2012/07/guest-post-giveaway-steven-lee-gilbert.html

fredamans said...

I'm with Montserrat... I will never own a cell phone. It's a waste.

Gemma Wiseman said...

I can't believe that someone else really doesn't have a cellphone! I don't want to be imprisoned by one either! I get so many weird looks from people because I don't choose to have one! But I don't care! Give me freedom to enjoy the great outdoors without a ringing in my ears! (End of rant) Technology is the silent ruler...or is that killer? I think I may like this book!