Saturday 2 September 2023

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

# 19.33 of 54 BBC Big Read

I bought the entire Artemis Fowl book collection for my little boy who loves reading and this was recommended as books boys will love. But after reading a few pages, little boy refused to read it. And I gave off the collection to someone who is likely to read it. Then I found this book was in the BBC Big read. So borrowed the first book and read it.

I would say it was interesting to see fairies who have advanced technology and who do not have to rely on magic to solve small problems. Artemis is an evil genius and he wants to take on the fairies for unlimited wealth. Will he achieve his goal or will the fairies put stop to his dreams. I think I finished this in a couple of sittings. 

Do I intend to read the rest of the books in the series? No, not now. Maybe never. Maybe if I was 12 year old, yes. But then I am not.

No comments: