Saturday 2 September 2023

The Case of the Deadly Butter Chicken by Tarquin Hall

 I didn’t know I had this book in my collection. Not sure when I bought it or where. I read this for one of the reading challenges. A detective story set in India. Vish Puri starts with a case of missing mustaches and ends solving the case of murder of a Cricketer’s father. He rakes up the underworld of illegal cricket bets and how players get snared into this web.

I haven’t read any other books by this author. I liked the twist in between where we meet another unlikely detective who unearths the core of the mystery. If you read the blurb you would know. Fortunately I didn’t read the blurb. So it was a bit of a surprise when it happened. 

Interesting and funny. Would I read another book featuring Vish Puri? Sure, I would. See no reason, why not.

No comments: