Monday 5 December 2011

Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge 2011

I have completed the Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge hosted by Bev at MyReadersBlock. I opted for the Golden Age Girls and read seven mystery books by women writers published before the 1960. I started the Challenge with a re-read of The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie, my all time favourite author. It was as good as reading for the first time. All the other authors I read were new to me. I read a book each by Mary Roberts Rinehart, Anna Katherine Green, Marie Belloc Lowndes, Geraldine Bonner, Augusta Groner and Ngaio Marsh. I read six ebooks available in the Public Domain for free from Gutenberg and borrowed Ngaio Marsh from library. I enjoyed reading all these authors and look forward to reading more books by these authors. I was not disappointed with any of the books. They were all fun.
The mysteries I read are
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie(1920)
The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart(1906)
The Amethyst Box by Anna Katherine Green(1905)
The Case of the Lamp that Went Out by Augusta Groner(1910)
From Out the Vasty Deep by Marie Belloc Lowndes(1921)
The Black Eagle Mystery by Geraldine Bonner(1915)
Colour Scheme by Ngaio Marsh(1943)

No comments: