Wednesday 25 January 2012

Fate by Amanda Hocking

I knew about Openlibrary.org for sometime. I wanted to borrow an ebook from their lending library. Though I created an account I couldn't actually borrow anything. Finally after a few failed attempts I successfully borrowed a book. I wasn't very particular I just wanted to see if I could download, so borrowed the first returned book in the lending library and it was Fate by Amanda Hocking. I had no clue what the book was about though I had heard Hocking's name somewhere before.

Fate by Amanda Hocking is the second book in the series My Blood Approves. I haven't read the first one and I will probably not read it. Alice is in love with two vampires. She pines for Peter who seems not to care for her and Jack loves her blindly even considers her worth dying for her. Only reason she has not 'turned' is her younger brother Milo. Because of an accident Milo has to turn into a Vampire. Now two other Vampires are hunting for her.
What will happen to Alice?

I haven't read the Twilight series but saw the first two movies. This story reminded me of the Twilight series. Why are all the Vampires in love with Alice? This is not for me.

1 comment:

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

A shame it didn't work for you. Amanda Hocking is the author who did so well self publishing she received a million dollar deal from a traditional publisher

Thanks for sharing your review for the Eclectic Reader Challenge

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out