Monday 30 January 2012

Winters Respite Readathon Wrap Up

It was fun participating in the Winter's Respite Readathon. I am happy I was able to finish some books. This is the list from my sign in

The Monster in the Box by Ruth Rendell -(Started at page 30 finished it) Wexford reminicises about one of his early cases. He knows who the killer is, but has no evidence. Will Wexford be successful? Ruth Rendell at her best, I loved it.

The Notting Hill Mystery by Charles Felix (Started at page 100 of 314 Finished). Considered to be the first mystery novel serialised in 1862 and published as a book in 1865. An insurance investigator is investigating a case where a woman probably has been murdered. The book is composed of letters, testimonies and diary entries. Intriguing story but I haven't really figured out how it was done.

Violets are Blue by James Patterson(Started). This is the sequel to the Roses are Red which ended in a cliffhanger. I hate cliffhangers so had to read this. Now that we know who the Mastermind is, will Cross find the mastermind?

Double Indemnity by James M. Cain (Finished) Insurance agent Walter Huff knows what he is getting into when Mrs.Phyllis Nirdlinger asks him about Accident insurance. But he is so enamoured by Phyllis that he plans and executes the perfect crime for her. Will the police or insurance office find his role in the case? Great Book!

Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey(didn't Read)
Retribution by Val Mcdermid(didn't Read)

I started and finished one more book that is not in the list.

Ocracoke's Curse: The Mystery at the Teach's Hole by Mark Duffey. Mike Callahan's life turns upside down after his fishing trip to Teach's Hole. Teach's Hole is considered to be haunted by the Pirate Blackbeard who was beheaded in 1718. There are strange happenings in the Teach's Hole. Adventure story that loses its course half way through. I liked the ending!

I completed four books and started another one.

I won a book prize! Thank you Michelle. I am in for the Spring Readathon. I will be as usual reading Crime/Mystery.

1 comment:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

You did great! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for joining me. I look forward to having you with me for the Spring read-a-thon. Be watching for details. =O)