Monday 23 July 2012

High Summer Readathon -Wrap Up

I finished two books, but I was hoping to read more. I made a very slow progress with The Tiger's Wife, I don't think it is the kind of book I should have picked for a Readathon. Small Island in comparison was a fast read, I made a good progress with it. Reading Dracula before going to bed is giving me nightmares. The Saint Zita's Society is a terrific read. Here are the details

The Marais Assassin by Claude (Finished) 89 pages
The Saint Zita's Society by Ruth Rendell (Finished)(288)
Dracula by Bram Stoker(303/479) 190pages
The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht (85/336)
Small Island by Andrea Levy (99/438)
Total pages read 751

I participated in both the mini-challenges. It was fun participating in the Readathon. Thanks Michelle for hosting it.

5 comments:

Buried In Print said...

I'm a bit antsy about what books I choose to read close to bedtime; Dracula definitely wouldn't make my shortlist because it's so atmospheric (but I did really enjoy it, when I read it in full daylight!), so I can understand why you'd find that an awkward choice if your read-a-thon-ing time is in the evenings. Good to know that Small Island reads quickly: that one's on my list. I found that The Tiger's Wife wasn't a really quick read either, but I have a habit of choosing slow-moving novels for read-a-thons and then wondering why I've not read as much as I thought I would! Glad you had fun with it all though!

Randi M said...

Oooh, I can definitely see Dracula giving me trouble sleeping as well! I started it a year ago, but of course got distracted by something shiny. :) Yay for read-a-thons!

Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

You did great! I have Tiger's Wife and Small Island in my home library. I've heard both are excellent. Yeah, I know all about heavy reading. I was reading Anna Karenina. LOL!

Thank you for joining me and I hope you will be with us again for FrightFall in October.

Darlene said...

Dracula is on my TBR list for this year, but I'm going to listen to the audiobook.

Congrats on all the reading you got done!! Over 750 pages is a lot!

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

You did great! I finished one whole book and finished a book I had already started reading. I also started another book. I'm getting there LOL!