Tuesday 14 August 2012

Pick Your Thon-Starting Line

I am also participating in Pick Your Thon hosted by Kristen and Kate at The Book Monsters and where participants can choose to make it a read-a-thon, a review-a-thon, or both. It runs from August 13th to August 18th. I am clubbing it with Bout of Books Readathon to motivate me to do some reading in Summer.


So to start off, create a post or comment below to answer the following questions.
1. Which thon are you choosing? Readathon, Reviewathon or both? And why?
Mostly Read. But some Reviews too. Maybe Five Reviews.
2. Where are you from? You can be vague or specific, up to you.
I am from a place in India where we have three wonderful seasons- Hot, Hotter and hottest.
3. Say a little bit about yourself so we can get to know you if we don't already!
When I don't read, I play. I play with my little boy.
4. What are you currently reading or about to pick up to read?
I just finished Hypothermia by Arnaldur IndriĆ°ason. I am starting The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
5. What are your goals for this Pick Your Thon?
Read some of these books.

The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
Smiley's people by John Le Carre´
Rites of Passage by William Golding
An unsuitable job for a woman by P D James
Hypothermia by Arnaldur IndriĆ°ason
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
The Snowman by Jo Nesbo

And write at least Five Reviews.

Day 2 Organising

I am not very good at Organizing. But I do like making lists. Lists of books to read, list of books read, lists of books reviewed, lists and lists. I use excel to make lists. I love playing around with arranging in different orders. I use my Ipad calendar for reminders.

Day 3 Book Cover @ Danasquare

I read mostly crime fiction. Among the books I am reading I like the cover of Hypothermia. I like the blue of the sky and the blue of the water and serenity of the picture. Also it looks cold and chilling highlighting the features of the book.



Updates
Monday
Number of pages read: 132 completed Hypothermia

Tuesday
Number of pages read:30 pages Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

Wednesday
Number of pages read:50 pages Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
30 pages Caravan of thieves by David Rich

Thursday
Number of pages read:132 pages Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

Friday
Number of pages read: 30 pages Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
50 pages Behold, Here's Poison by Georgette Heyer
Reviewed: The Man in the Queue by Josephine Tey

Saturday:
Number of pages read:50 pages Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
Review: North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Leopard by Jo Nesbo(Will be posted on Monday)

Total Pages Read: 504 pages
Books Reviwed: 3

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for joining us! What a great looking list of books, I'll have to look into a couple of those titles. :)

Book Dragon said...

Good luck with everything (I'd rather play)

I hope to get one review completed and read 1,500 pages. Not doing so good with either goal ;-)

Dana said...

Thanks for participating in my challenge I like that cover too!