Tuesday 23 October 2012

22 on 22 Readathon

The 22 on 22 Read-a-Thon is being hosted by Pages of Forbidden Love. Here are the details from their blog:

Bianca is turning 22 on Oct 22nd so we here at Pages of Forbidden Love decided to honor her birthday with a week long Read-a-Thon. This is the first ever Read-a-Thon that we have hosted so we are very excited to try to host the best one we can. So please join us for a week of fun, challenges, prizes, and lots of reading! There is no pressure to read a certain amount of books during this Read-a-Thon, it is strictly for fun to celebrate a birthday!

Reading Goals
I am planning to read the following


O Jerusalem by Laurie R.King
The Graveyard book by Neil Gaiman
The Predator of Batignolles by Claude Izner
Smiley's People by John Le Carre

Day 2 Mini challenge

1. What book did you start reading for this read-a-thon?
I started The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman a children's fanatsy book that won the Newbery medal in 2009. It is about a toddler who escapes into a graveyard from an assassin and the souls in the graveyard bring him up. He is having a great adventure with the ghouls, Hound of the Gods and other creature from the otherworld.
2. What is one of your favorite books to re-read?
I don't usually like to reread. But if I do reread it will be my childhood books and Treasure Island by R L Stevenson is my favourite.
3. Do you have a strategy for read-a-thons to maximize your time?
No. I just try to read as much as possible. I am not a fast reader and planning and strategy never works for me.
4. Do you snack while reading?
No. Very rarely. I do like to drink some piping hot coffee.

Day 3 Mini Challenge

I am waiting on The Black Box by Michael Connelly. Harry Bosch is one of my favourite detectives and when a new Harry Bosch book is released, I have to read it. Here is the synopsis from fantasticfiction website.

In a case that spans 20 years, Harry Bosch links the bullet from a recent crime to a file from 1992, the killing of a young female photographer during the L.A. riots. Harry originally investigated the murder, but it was then handed off to the Riot Crimes Task Force and never solved.

Now Bosch's ballistics match indicates that her death was not random violence, but something more personal, and connected to a deeper intrigue. Like an investigator combing through the wreckage after a plane crash, Bosch searches for the "black box," the one piece of evidence that will pull the case together.

Riveting and relentlessly paced, THE BLACK BOX leads Harry Bosch, "one of the greats of crime fiction" (New York Daily News), into one of his most fraught and perilous cases.


Day 6 Mini-Challenge
Option 4: I love music and books too! But I can't combine them. So here are just some of my favorite books of 2012 are

The Saint Zita Society by Ruth Rendell
The Retribution by Val McDermid
The Phantom by Jo Nesbo


Update
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman completed (289/289)
The Dark-Adapted Eye by Barbara Vine completed (300/300)
The Black Path by Asa Larsson (126/384)

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Looks like you have some great books picked out. The Graveyard is probably something my boyfriend would read so I should tell him about it.

Thanks for joining us in celebrating Bianca's Birthday!

Paulita said...

This looks like a very structured meme. My head is spinning as I try to keep track. The Neil Gaiman book sounds fascinating and creepy.
Oh, I wanted to tell you about a new meme I started on Mondays in case you want to play along On Mondays, you’ll find My Dreaming of France meme