Friday 12 October 2012

Friday Memes

This week I am posting from A Dark-Adapted Eye by Barbara Vine
Friday Book Beginnings is a weekly meme where we share the opening line of our current read. Book Beginnings is hosted by the Rose City Reader.

On the morning Vera died I woke up very early.

Friday 56 hosted @ Freda's Voice is a weekly Meme where we share an interesting snippet from page 56 of our current book.

The ticking was muffled but still audible. The awful feeling came over me that I should never be able to sleep and that this would not be for one night only but many, many nights, a hundred perhaps.

5 comments:

fredamans said...

I like the creepy feel it gave off.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Dripping faucets. Ticking clocks. Little things that can drive an insomniac crazy! I like the opening too. It definitely makes me want to find out more about Vera and about the narrator.
My Friday post is from ONLY SCANDAL WILL DO.

JC Jones said...

The cover certainly goes with both quotes. Here is my post:
BBF

Li said...

Haunting opening, thanks for sharing!

Here's my book beginning on Fridays post =)

test said...

*Shiver* ... that just creeped me out.

Here's mine: http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2012/10/friday-56-book-beginnings-ill-seize-day.html