Thursday 4 July 2013

Summer Lovin’ Read-a-Thon: Day Four




Participation Post

Share a quote from your current read or
Share a book that really pulled on your heart strings

Here is a quote from 'I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou', which I finished reading last night. 

Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with the shades of deeper meaning. 


Book Spine Poetry 

Here is mine! 

The Song is You
Twilight Prophecy 
Kismet God's Spy
Die a Little
Nights of Awe
Lie in the dark
The Crowded Grave


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the book spine poetry :)

Anonymous said...

The Crowded Grave - now that brought up some chilling imagery for me. Great job! And I have to read that Angelou book.

srivalli said...

Thanks krweinert and Christine D.! Why the caged bird sings is Mary Angelou's autobiogrhy growing up as an african-american. It is disturbing yet poetic and inspiring! I quit liked this quote it is as if said just for me.

Aleksandra said...

I love your quote :)

Also, great job with the poem :)

Hollie said...

I love the poem! And the quote was great, I think I'll definitely have to check that book out soon!