Tuesday 9 May 2023

Double Act and Story of Tracy Beaker by Jacqueline Wilson

 #2& #3 of 54. Looks like lots of little girls participated in this Big Read Survey. There are 4 books by Jacqueline Wilson in the list. I have finished 3. Easy reads I read them in less than couple of hours. Enjoyed them a lot. Maybe if I had them read as a kid, this would have been my next Enid Blyton. Lots of references to my favourite books in both the books. If all books in the Big read were  like this, I would finish this list in less than 54 days. 

Double Act is the story of Twins Ruby and Garnet. They live with their Dad & Grandmother. Ruby is naughty, chatty and the dominant one. Garnet is the shy and sensitive one. But they are always together in mischief. A new character enters their life with it some big change. They move to the countryside a bit like Railway Children. Ruby wants to act in Twins at st.Clare, she wants to go to boarding school. So what happens. 

Story of Tracy Beaker- I have seen the series on TV. So it was the actress I was seeing in my mind when I was reading the book. Tracy is in a children’s home. She wants someone to foster her. But she is quite a bit of trouble. She meets Cam, an author. Does Tracy finally gets the family she wants?



No comments: