Thursday 1 June 2023

Charlie and the chocolate factory & The Twits by Roald Dahl

#7 & #8 of 54 BBC Big Read

I may have said this before or maybe not. Dont mimd repeating. My introduction to Roald Dahl was as a grown up and through his short story collection for adults. Roald Dahl has a wicked sense of humour and loved the twist in the tale.

It was many many years later, I read Matilda, followed by Witches. Dont remember if I read the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory before. I may have read it or I probably saw the movie and thought I read it. Anyway, I decided to read it. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think the best about Roald Dahl is he doesnt dumb down the humor for kids. Its all in there and you enjoy as much as you get it. 

Twits is another crazy story with wicked sense of humor. Mr and Mrs Twits trying to get at each other and but then in their wickedness collobarate together trying to get at everybody else.

What you sow, so you reap. At least most of the time. Twits sow meaness, what do they get back.

Wonderful as these books are not sure why they are in the BBC Big read. Maybe too many kids voted in here. Couldnt help wondering why did Roald Dahl write Twits? 


No comments: