Wednesday 19 July 2023

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J K Rowling

 #17 of 54 BBC Big Read

Contains Spoilers

Second book in the series and I read this finally. The order has been 3, 4, 5, 6 and now 1 & 2. So seen the movie, don’t remember much from the movie but didn’t really have great expectations. Number 3 is by far the best in the series and that hasn't changed. But like my thoughts from the previous books, there are elements you miss in the movie that you can observe in the book. 

When Ginny and Harry Potter got together it was a bit of a surprise to me. I was expecting Harry and Hermione. But in the book, I did get the feeling that that is where it is going. Ginny flushing, getting flustered really infatuated with Harry. I don’t know if it was there in the movie and I missed it or if it wasn’t there.

Harry’s aunt and uncle remind me of Matilda’s parents. Why do they hate Harry so much? There is a little bit of explanation in the other books, still makes no sense. Why they hate him so much? 



No comments: