Wednesday 19 July 2023

Northern Lights by Philip Pullman

 #17.33 of 54 BBC Big Read (Book 1 of 3 part trilogy included in the list)


I have seen the movie Golden Compass, but don’t remember much from the movie except for Bears. I started this as an audiobook. Book narrated by the author himself with a full cast recording. I was losing the thread too much finding it difficult to concentrate. So decided to read it. 

Daemon is like a soul but it is outside body instead of inside. When daemon dies a person dies. An alternative universe where we have Oxford, London and Norway. Lyra Silvertongue with her little lies. What the Master really want to tell Lyra? What had she done? How Lyra cleverly tricks the Bear king and how sadly she gets tricked.

Have to see, how the story unfolds. Seeing the movie, I wasn’t impressed and would never have picked the book, if it were not in the list. But glad that I picked it. What is this mystery? Will I know answers in the  coming books or will it baffle me more.


No comments: